Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gracie hunts up a deer leg... yuck

The other night, on our walk, Gracie went off into the woods. She was gone a long time which is unusual for her - she typically stays right near me. I called and called, nothing. Just as I started to get really worried, she came flying out of the woods with something in her mouth. At first Ithought it was a stick but as she came and sat in front of me, I realized it was no ordinary stick -- it had fur, a hoof and bones... It was a deer leg! Yuck... told her to drop it - she really didn't want to - but obeyed. She was so pleased with herself for being a deer hunter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The stinkier the better, right? Charlotte is fascinated with deer poop, and Madeleine loves to chase deer because they are some of the few things faster than she is. But ever since a friend of ours had their dog get "gored" by a buck, I've been really nervous about letting them chase. But the dogs are so proud for protecting the family home once again...