Sunday, May 9, 2010

ROSIE: 6/10/96 - 4/2/10





ROSIE

AKC/NSTDRC (USA)/Can/ ARBA Grand Ch Driftwood’s Rose CD JH WCI VC Cgc

June 10, 1996 to April 2, 2010


Rosie came into my life 14 years ago as a family pet. I contacted Carol and Paul Milbury on the recommendation of Sue Van Sloun – all of whom, have become lifelong friends. I never imagined Rosie would become the foundation bitch for Seastar Kennel, earn a Best of Breed at the 2000 National Specialty and bring countless hours of joy through her 9 kids, numerous grandkids and a multitude of next generations. Her legacy has earned countless titles, Evelyn Williams Awards, Rusty Jones Awards, Invitations to Westminster, Crufts, Eukanuba and much more.


Rosie was unique – like other Tollers. She was a founding member of the BLBRC (Blind Leading the Blind Retriever Club) and was one of the first to earn the JH and WCI. Known as “Squeaky”, she brought Paul Botehlo to his knees and entertained the galley in his efforts to get her to come back. She did not like his truck so found her way to humble him.


Rosie earned many Championships. Her first was from the American Rare Breed Association where she earned multiple group placements and the ARBA Grand Championship. She went on to earn the AKC, NSDTRC (USA) and CKC CH. I enjoyed showing her exclusively.


Rosie provided puppies to my family & friends. My sister Laurie Warden and her husband Lundy, have Lola & Gracie; my brother John Warden has Zeus; my dear friends the Johnsons have Lexie & Winston; Lauren Cramer and Jim Baptiste have Zoey & Dasher: Christine and Rob Jones have Meadow & Finn; Ed and Michele McGrath have Derrie & Kelty; Deb Smith and her kids have Lilly & Jasmine, and the list forever grows…….it is an extended family of true friends. Sue Van Sloun, Marile Waterstraat, John Hamilton, Gretchen Botner, Lee Ann Gleason, Jean Gilroy, Deb Gibbs, Peggy Park, Sue Kish, Alison Strang and many more have helped mentor me to success. Thank you all.


Rosie died peacefully in my arms on April 2nd and is buried under a beautiful flowering tree overlooking the ocean. She will be remembered by many whose lives she touched and changed forever, including mine.

Jane Folkman, Seastar Kennel


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane and Family -- I am so sorry to hear about Rosie - she was one of the first Tollers I met at an ARBA show in DC - when I had Caysi as a puppy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Barbara Keane
and Caysi

Kidpolo6 said...

Sorry for your loss!

Jan said...

Again, sorry to hear of your loss of Rosie ... what a nice post about her life. We are glad to hear she passed peacefully and now has a beautiful resting place. Hope you are hanging in there.
Jan and Janet